Spend a full day exploring Bavaria's second largest city. Learn all about Nuremberg's long and complex history and fall in love with picturesque views of traditional German wooden houses on the banks of the Pegnitz River.
Nuremberg Day Trip
After meeting in Munich, you'll set off on your comfortable express train journey, which takes less than two hours to reach Nuremberg. Here you'll start your guided tour of the city's historic centre, where you'll hear all about the city's past: not only important in Nazi Germany, Nuremberg was a cultural centre under the German Empire and has many more stories to tell.
Wander through the charming Altstadt, or Old Town, which is divided in two by the Pegnitz River. Amongst its historical architecture, you'll get to admire the Imperial Castle from which German Emperors ruled, the spectacular Gothic churches home to important German works of art, and the lively markets which have taken place for almost 700 years. You'll have free time in Nuremberg to explore its picturesque sights at your own pace and have lunch (not included), and if you happen to visit during December, you'll see the city's famous Christmas market!
The tour will also take you to see the many reminders of the Nazi era, making a visit to the Nazi Party Rally Grounds, the largest Third Reich building left in the world, where your guide will reveal the details of the 20th century's most famous judicial proceedings, known as the Nuremberg Trials, most notable for their prosecution of those responsible for the Nazi crimes of World War II.
Having finished your tour, you'll head back to Munich, where you'll arrive back after approximately ten hours.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Students with valid IDUS$ 63
Children between 6 and 13 years oldUS$ 42.80
Children under 6 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Transport by express train.
English speaking guide.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Munich Central Train Station (Hauptbahnhof).