Munich is definitely not the cheapest city to travel too, especially with regards to accommodation, although booking hotels in advance often gives significant discounts and offers. Having said that, transport is relatively affordable, and it is possible to find restaurants to suit all budgets.
A few examples
See the below list to get an idea for average prices of things you might buy in Munich:
Food & drink
- A pretzel: 1,50€ (US$1.6).
- A beer (500ml): 4€ (US$4.4).
- Dinner for two in a restaurant: 40€ (US$43.7) (without drinks).
- Single U-Bahn (metro) ticket: 2,70€ (US$3).
- 1 day transport pass (central zone): 6,70€ (US$7.3).
- City Tour Card Munich for 24 hours: 12,90€ (US$14.1).
- Taxi from the airport to the city centre: 50€ (US$54.7) (approximately).
- Single bed in a hotels dorm room: 15€ (US$16.4) - 30€ (US$32.8).
- Double room in a mid-range hotel in the city centre: 80€ (US$87.5) - 160€ (US$175).
- Luxury hotel room: from 160€ (US$175).