Discover the Bavarian capital's history from the late medieval period to its infamous political past, on this Munich walking tour. You'll explore important locations around the diverse city.
Munich Walking Tour
The guide will meet you at 10:15 am at Munich Central Station to start the tour. From here you'll go to notable points of interests around Munich, and discover the secrets surrounding the German Empire, the Weimar Republic and the Third Reich.
The tour around Germany's third largest city will include a step into the past, admiring the famous Rathaus-Glockenspiel in Marienplatz in the heart of Munich. It chimes 2-3 times a day while reenacting stories from the 16th century. We'll get a taste for Bavarian traditions by stopping at the long-standing Munich market, Viktualienmarkt, dating back to 1807 when it was moved after becoming too big for the central Marienplatz.
Following on, we'll head to the Italian inspired Odeonsplatz central square, where you'll be able to admire the beautiful scenery of the Nationaltheater Opera House and the Residenz. Here we'll learn about the monarchy in Munich by visiting the former palace belonging to the Wittelsbach monarchs of Bavaria.
We'll also stroll along the mile long Maximilianstrasse, one of four royal boulevards in the city. The exclusive shopping avenue was designed to create a new architectural style which combines history with modernity.
Another important stop on the tour will be the world famous Hofbräuhaus, commissioned in the 16th century because beer in Bavaria had become too expensive. In fact, in the 17th century sales from the brewery contributed up to 50% of Bavaria's income, and it was even an important meeting place which bore witness to historical events such as Hitler's presentation of his 25 point programme.
This walking tour of Munich will last 2 hours.
- It is recommended to wear suitable clothing and comfortable footwear.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Tour in English
Children between 6 and 13 years oldUS$ 11.30
Children under 5 years oldFree
Children under 6not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Entry to monuments and museums.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, you must attend with a carer.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Radius Tours Office Dachauer Straße 4 80335 Munich